In the 75 years between the the Great Depression of the 1930s and the Great Crash of 2008 there have been 11 major recessions. Americans work more hours by far than any other nation on earth. In real terms, wages have not risen in America for the last 30 years. Americans comprise 5% of the world’s population yet consume 65% of all the world’s psychotropic drugs (valium, prozac, etc)… here’s an interesting lecture by the economist Professor Richard Wolff, given last January at the Church of All Souls in New York City. Wolff talks about the present economic crisis, Occupy Wall Street, the 1930s Depression, etc. It’s America-centric yet what Wolff says applies to just about all the western capitalist countries. He talks for one and a half hours without notes…
If you're conscious you might like to know that in France it's
- If music be the food of love, play on
- Brexit on Life Support? or the EU on Life Support?
- It’s Got to Be a No Deal Brexit on 29th March
- More on the Anti-Semitism Witch Hunt
- Is It a Bird? Is It a Plane? No, It’s Super Jezza!
- 1980 and Laissez Faire Capitalism
- A French Lawyer Speaks Out
- The Seven Dwarfs
- Brexit Brouhaha
- An Anxious Life – another excerpt
- France and Venezuela
- A Quick Update from France
- Venezuela – Lines in the Sand
- A Tale of Two Cities
- The Complete Joke That Is British Democracy
- Breaking Eggs – French Style
- Happy New Year!
- Acte VII des Gilets Jaunes
- Respect My Existence or Expect My Resistance
- The King Addresses the Plebs
Wednesday, March 20, 4:33 pm